Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Canned butter adventure


I'd give credit if I could remember who it was that wrote the post with this idea and a link to Green Apple Orchards blog for the directions on how to do this neat little project. Hermit just canned himself a batch so I felt a little left out ;). Just a 1lb batch of home made brown swiss cow butter in half pint jars for my pantry. I was distracted during the process by hubby who took my kitchen over for a while and the butter cooled down too much to shake/mix so I had to put it in the oven at 170 for a few minutes to fix it. Seals stayed good thru it, I re-shook the jars until cooled properly, all seems as it should be. I'm counting this as a success!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you...!! Looks good to me! In fact, I just baked some fresh bread so how about letting me try some?

    Pretty easy, huh? Hey, if I can do it anyone can!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh, Jim, then you, I'm starting to feel left out... may just have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made my first batch in my kitchen aid mixer with store bought cream. Was a fun experience that I'm anxious to try again. I never thought about canning it. Thank you for the thought!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome