Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

It's a New year, New Start


Well, here it is, Happy New Year. As we do every year, we stayed at home and I cooked, we played games together and rang in the New year as a family. Apparently, we were disturbing the peaceful sleep of our kittens...


Everything is frozen outside so morning chores took just a little bit longer. It appears that my cute and cuddly stock dog has decided to entertain herself by chasing my ducks. Bad dog. I have not decided how to break her of this new habit yet since it's instinct for her to chase and herd and she's obviously bored.


Over at my pal M.D. Creekmores site, The Survivalist Blog-Daily Survival Blog, M.D. has written an E-Book which he is sharing for free. I have already downloaded myself a copy and read thru it. Well done M.D. and thank you for the gift! Visit M.D. Creekmore and download a copy of his book for yourself. It covers water, food, basic gear, big out bags, survival guns, urban survival, medical and has a whole section on resources.

On this day, I have been filled with hope (and tears of gratitude) for this new year by the kindness of a few readers. The glory goes to God for sending me such Angels in my time of desperate need. God Bless you and keep you.

It's official, there's just 45 days until I can safely start my seeds. I am looking forward to this new season with much anticipation. I have several things I'm going to try for the first time including growing some cotton and wolfberries(the Goji). I look forward to this year with much anticipation and excitement. Think of all the cool pictures I'll have!
I have lots of chores to do today, grinding corn and setting out some warm feed for the chickens to help them lay eggs in this cold weather. I learned that tip from a chicken feeding thread over that the American Preppers Forum. there's a link on the sidebar for it. Cool place with lots of useful information on it. Plus, it's so cold out, the rabbit water bottles are freezing a couple times a day. They need fresh water to help them keep warm like all critters do. So, it's water bottle patrol until this cold snap breaks.
Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you, too! I am so glad to live 2009 behind, even though it was the year that put me and my fella a lot closer. The whole year just seemed a bit askew, other than that. Here's to happier days, bumper crops and a full pantry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just stopping by to wish you a blessed and prosperous new year! We are receiving gardeniong catalogs already and looking forward to a better gardening year than last:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hon Ihopethe year is much better for all of us! Lamb i correct, the entire year was askew for most. Happy planting and praying for a great harvest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you and yours. Thank you for such a great & informitive blog. I check this site daily & always look forward to reading your new posts. I really wanted to take you up on your offer to allow readers to come to your house for a cheese making class but it just wasn't in the cards for me this year. I hope you make the same offer next year.
    Thank you for all you do.

    Stacey SWPA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for joining me here!

    Stacey, I taught 4 people how to make cheese, it was really fun and I plan on doing it again this year too. I'm glad you all enjoy the blog, so much more to come too.....

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome