Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Baking Some Bread



Here's a little bit of bread baking for you. These 2 loaves of bread have just been baked this evening. One of them is with "matured" flour, the other is some of the fresh flour I just ground and showed you in the previous post. Can you tell which one is the fresh? I got excited and pulled one loaf out a little bit too early to be a perfect match so I'm going to tell you which is which. The picture with the 2 whole loaves, the one in the back is the "matured" flour and in the picture of cut bread, the one on the right is the "matured" flour. As you can see in the picture, I cut the second loaf about 5 minutes of cook time too short but it is still a delightful loaf of bread. Just a little less crusty.

10 comments:

  1. Mine never ises hat nice, It stays very heavy and thick I guess would be one way to say it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bread, my friend! I'll take a slice of each, please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart! I get it. Wow!

    Now, would you want to share your recipe????

    Thanks, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bread does look good...I was gonna make some tonight...but I let it get too late. I can't leave things out on the counter here at night....cockroaches! They're bad in paradise! The geckos help to keep them in check, but they can't resist the smell of rising bread...or fresh baked pizza dough. I'll have to do it tomorrow though, we're out and the kiddos are NOT happy about it...there is even faint grumbling coming from hubby:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bread looks great! I have wanted to make some here but never have that great of luck. Bread sticks and pizza crust are the only doughs that seem to come out for me.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The loaves look so good, I can smell it over here. I remember spending nights at my Grandma's apartment in Germany when I was a kid. She lived over a bakery and the smells in the morning were awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lookin' good! So, how long mustthe ground flour site in order to be "mature"? I have regular flour that I have to use up, but I will be grinding wheat for flour at some point, so this would be good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bake bread every week using fresh milled grain. I see you use glass bread pans, do you prefer them over metal? If so what is the difference?

    Thanks,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't understand why I cannot get my loaves of bread to rise??? I follow the directions...use fresh ingredients....bake with glass pans. What am I doing wrong? Now, if I use a store bought 'all natural' bread mix...it turns out perfect. I spent lots of money on grains, yeast, baking soda, etc to make my own breads.
    If anyone can tell me what I'm not doing correctly, please...email me.

    debjerkins@hotmail.com

    GOD Bless....

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome