Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Just Another Day in March


I finally caught up on sleep and woke up bright and early this morning. Too bad daylight savings is going to screw me all up again, ;) The cow behaved this morning, more or less and I now have 3 gallons of milk to make some cheese with. My son has been invited (by a girl) to hang out today so I promised to drive him over there (round 30 miles). So, the cheese making will probably be late this evening, after milking tonight.

I've already got some eggs in the dehydrator in an attempt to try making some powdered eggs. Not too sure how that's going to turn out.

On the other hand, I've already got rolls done for the weekend and a batch of butterhorns. Now all I have to do is figure out what I'm making for supper...

The seedlings are starting to shape up from the damage my mini vacation caused them. I guess the kids don't see the importance of keeping seedlings moist like I do. I ended up losing about half. So much for the early start on the garden. Oh well, something always seems to happen to wipe out all my efforts, every year. I'll still have one heck of a garden, just not as quick as I like. On with life.......

8 comments:

  1. Mind sharing your butterhorn recipe? They look deeee-lish! And they would go great with our supper tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I accidently left my seeds cups out in freak storm that flooded them all out, I lost most of them too. So back to square one. I hate the waste. Good luck with the cheese making I am so envious of your fresh milk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The butter horns do look great! So far my plants are doing ok,but they do look a bit leggy.I also envy the milk. Blessings jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just posted about my joy over my dehydrator coming to me...yippee. Yes, on my dehydrator post a few days ago, that was one of my goals--dehydrate eggs. I have been warned about the pathogens in the dried eggs. Well, pathogens may be in raw eggs, too! I think the dried eggs could be heated to the proper temperature to kill them. I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo! I'd love fresh milk to bake with! The rolls look good. Too bad you lost half your seedlings. That's frustrating! I hope you have time to replant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun with your cheesemaking!!! Your croissants look delicious! I've never heard them called "butterhorns" before! Thanks for schoolin' me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your butterhorns look really delicious! I'm still envying the milk ;-) I'll bet your cheese is increadably good! Cant wait to start making my own, though I'll have to buy the milk from a close by dairy farmer ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I make powdered eggs all of the time in my food dehydrator. Love them. Much cheaper than buying them done.

    I have videos and stuff on my blog http://preparedforsurvival.blogspot.com

    on how to do them.

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome