Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Good Days

It's kind of cold in the house today but that's okay. I'm gonna warm it up with some bread in the oven and I think the boy and I will make some cheesy pizza breads for supper.

Morning chores went off without a hitch and everybody was where they were supposed to be. I will need to do an egg hunt in a couple of hours as every nest had a chicken setting on it this morning. The eggs I brought in came from a new nest in the corner of the cows stall. I'm surprised the calf didn't stomp on them. She really is entertaining when she gets to chasing chickens around. Little Daisy gets so excited that she "barks" at the chickens and bawls when they fly off on her.

The seedlings are doing well and I'm still adding seed baggies to the mix. I just never have enough plants to suit me. Ya just never know what might happen and I hate to not have enough.

Well, off to make the bread dough.....

10 comments:

  1. Your plants are very pretty! The eggs look good too,Blessings jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear everyone was where they were supposed to be this morning! How many eggs are you getting a day now? I sure can't wait until we get some chickens. Any tips or tricks or must know things I should be aware of before I get some?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jane!

    Hey Scifi, nope, just let them do their thing. I'm up to 2 dozen a day now regular and some older hens are giving me an egg every other day. So, it went from winter famine to spring feast with the egg laying here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my three hens would steer clear of cows since they have rarely ever seen any other animal. That must really be funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey PP! I'd love to catch it all on video, it is really entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just came across your blog and wanted to say that I enjoyed reading it. Your plants look great and I can't wait for planting time here. If it ever stops raining that is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Adkins Family! LOL, yah, I know what you mean, mother nature is being kind of cruel here too. Warm is coming, I know it is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wondering..I see you are planting in plastic containers. Are there holes in the bottom, if not how do you keep your plants from getting water logged?
    Stacey
    SWPA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Stacey! Nope, no holes. I'm still watering just the peat pellets and the compost/soil just get sprtized with the water bottle. the soil is there to protect the new roots until transplant time. Using a clear plastic container allows me to see the moisture that is in the soil pretty easy. It's a delicate balance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your seedlings look very healthy! Today and yesterday I transplanted asparagus to their outdoor home. Baby chicks have been moved to the tack room. Lots of weeding to do this weekend.

    Hope your weekend is great!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome