Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Good Attitude





Where did the nice weather go? right out the window! LOL Just a couple days ago it was a balmy 65F and today, it's not topped 35F with a nasty wind blowing all day. I feel like Mother Nature has a cruel sense of humor sometimes, LOL

Speaking of sense of humor, I still have mine. It's taken a beating the last couple of years and I wonder sometimes if I've lost it but nope, it's still here! Life sometimes isn't even close to as nice or easy as I would like it to be but I can't ever bring myself to quit or give up so I'm just stuck with it. Some day, it's got to get better. You blog readers and your comments really help me to keep going and keep a smile. Thanks ya'll.

I got this neat little box from a blog reader, it had something in it called "eggies". The idea is to use these "eggies" to hard boil eggs out of the shell. anybody who has ever taken fresh eggs and made hard boiled eggs knows what a total pain in the butt it is to get the shells off them. So, I read the directions and gave it a whirl. Simple as it can be, just assemble the eggie holders, put your raw egg in, close it up and put it in the water. They float around in the boiling water and cook. When they're done, they just pop right out. Instant, no peel hard boiled eggs. I diced and boiled a potato, added a chopped onion, a little home made mayo and had lunch.

Thank you Larry! A wonderful gift and a way cool new "toy" to play with!

11 comments:

  1. Oh I saw those on t.v. I always wondered if they worked. That is really cool. By the way how is your hubby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I've seen those eggies and wondered if they really worked. Now I just might have to get me some! Oh yeah, laughter is the best medicine - have you ever seen a sick clown? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. I tried those egg things a month or so back. Bought them right off a late night commercial. I threw them away after the first time I used them. I probably did something wrong but they were a pain in the butt. My mom uses hers and they work great for her. I guess I was just angry with them and lost my temper.
    Anyway, I should have kept them because I could have used them for candle molds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have been wondering about those eggie things and whether they really worked...but, no, i aint gonna buy em. seems to me that a small tupperware bowl with good sealing lid would work just as well. and in the meantime, i always make sure the eggs i hardboil are old eggs..they peel great. new fresh eggs will always give problems in the peeling department. i love egg salad...hardcooked egg mashed up good, a spoonful of real mayo and a small spoonful of dill or sweet relish..mix it up and spread on toast with a little salt and pepper. yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was just going to say, old eggs work better for hard boiling. also cooking in plastic freaks me out a little bit. but i kind of like the shape haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yea, I've seen those! They look super cute and while I always try to boil only old eggs, it never fails that a couple fresh ones seem to get in the mix and make my life difficult.

    Happy 2012

    Stacey
    SWPA

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you are enjoying your. I am like MDRN. I bought them and thought they were a pain in the butt as well. I used them one time and gave them to my daughter. I don't know if she has used them or not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never seen those, would love to try them! I will have to check around
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sae these on an infomercial one night & wondered if they worked. Great to see that they do. May get some just so I have them in case I need boiled eggs & don't have any old ones handy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seem those in WM. Cooking eggs in plastic is not going to happen around here. If a person has eggs from the store and doesn't know how fresh they might be, just set the carton out, opened for about 4 hours. Eggs will "age." I always did that for Easter and deviled eggs. If eggs are going in egg salad, it did not matter to me how the boiled ones tore. Now, I want egg salad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that this eggies thing is for lazy folks! BUT, with that said.... I have chickens and anyone with fresh eggs knows that peeling a fresh farm hard boil egg is not pretty and it wastful, frusterating and time consuming. So, may have to give this a whirl myself....

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome