Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day Interupted


Well, I really thought today was just going to be more of the samey same as I sat down to read the news at the computer late this morning. I just got a cup of coffee and there was a huge boom, sounded like a bomb went off. Yep, there was a wreck right near the end of my driveway. One of my neighbors! We were on the scene right away and I sent the boy home to get some towels which we used to keep our neighbor warm and help reduce shock, he got banged up pretty badly. All I could do was hold his hand and keep him talking. It seemed like forever for the EMTs to get there but they did a great job and the ambulance got there a little after them. Took a long time to clear the road tho, lots of backed up traffic to disturb the normal peacefulness of this country farm.

yesterday seemed like a weird day. The critters were all worked up. The horses who are normally pretty quiet and calm did a bunch of bucking and running around. The goats were pretty restless as well. they spent most of the day running on and off the front porch which they don't normally do. The cows also moo'd all day and I thought it had something to do with me keeping the calf from sucking all the milk. Turns out, there were a bunch of plumes on the new Madrid fault line yesterday. Science has proved that animals know when the earth shifts and seismic activity is coming. Wonder if this means we may have a little shaker coming soon? Maybe, who knows for sure. It's not an exact science, not yet anyway. Well, that sucks tho, I don't want an earthquake, even a little one! Today, the critters are all laying around sleeping, even the horses.

Well, I better get back to scrubbing the floors, plenty of cleaning up to do around here........

9 comments:

  1. Didn't you have a wreck happen there not to long ago?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My critters were acting the same way the past couple of days. I had wondered if it was earthquake related. There have been a LOT of very, very small ones in my area lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our animals were acting really weird then too. We don't usually have earth quakes around here tho. Wonder what's up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your neighbor is ok. We had a earthquake pretty close to us this past spring. It sounded like a truck hit our house twice(or a couple of lightning strikes).Some scientists say New Madrid is dead, so I guess these little swarms don't mean anything (as if). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I retract my earlier comment. I read into the site a little more and dang, I hope this guy is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the neighbor is going to be just fine. Animals do know when nature stuff is coming, I'm convinced of it, no matter what the 'experts' say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you sure there was not a little shaker no one even felt? I live in AL, where it is supposed to end. Some places say it is far north of me. If all my animals were acting up, I would be very concerned. Okay, when the three hens act differently, there is a cat in the yard...lol. Hope your neighbor is okay. I don't believe the New Madrid is dead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our critters are tapped in to the earth in ways that we can only imagine. We'd all be better off if we listened to them more often ;-) Hope you're neighbor is OK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your neighbor is alright. It is good that they had you there and you were on top of things. Sometimes hand holding means all the difference in the world. At least they were not alone while they were injured and scared.

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome