Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

more Inland hurricane




Nothing has been said on MSM about this at all. The rest of the world hasn't got a clue about how bad this storm has hit us. I know what New Orleans felt like now for sure. 155mph winds were recorded by the anamometer(reads wind/air speed) before it blew off the pole. Widespread damage from trees falling, homes an businesses smashed, etc. I guess the ice storm we had this past winter didn't teach people anything, thousands were caught unprepared. This is something I just don't understand. For us here, it's business as usual more or less. I of course still don't have the brick grill and oven built, it's rained too much this spring for that. But, a nice smoker/charcoal grill has been my stove and it's worked out pretty well. Now if the wind would quit, I'd be more happy with it.

Thankfully the gardens aren't real tall with growth, they weren't damaged much. I did have part of a tree fall in my corn patch. It'll need replanted. The chicken house was untouched but I noticed yesterday my corn crib is gone and my thresher is ruined. Both can be easily replaced as I built them both myself.

We're under another storm warning for today and tonite, another bad one headed our way. Just what we need is more rain on already saturated ground and soaking storm damaged homes and businesses. I'm sure a storm will slow the power guys down in their efforts as well.

7 comments:

  1. Good luck and take care.

    And I haven't heard anything on the news about it. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard about it either. Take care. 155 mph winds ~ I can only imagine what kind of damage that did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there MM, I know your situation.Obama is too busy spending our money to bother with regular folks in distress. If this went on mainstream news he would have to act that's why no one is hearing about it. Thank God your a prepper. I bet they have a lot of people in a world of hurt waiting for Uncle Sugar. Maybe this will wake them up. Good Luck & God Bless you all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe me...living on the Texas coast, I can appreciate what you are having to go through. My prayers will stay with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck today. Sounds like we're in for a rough couple days here. Hopefully it won't be a repeat of last Friday. Take care and stay safe,

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome