Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Greek Tragedy

Yes, that's what it is here today.  My son is the king of Greek Tragedy.  The smallest little thing can throw him into his world ending sulk.  Today is a continuation of the front brake job on his truck. Yesterday, it was worn out front bearings ate his rotors up and it all needs replaced(no it doesn't and no, the bearings arent bad).  Just pull the tires off son, Mom will look at it.  Here he comes again with the whine going.  Can't figure out how to get the brake caliper off (it's not bolted, the press pin configuration).  So, as usual, Mom goes out and shows him how to do it and proves to him his bearings are not bad.  Now today, it's the brake bleeding and his all of the sudden faulty lug nut fit.  Geez, this is one of those days I completely understand why some animals eat their young.  Always making mountains out of mole hills.  I never would have guessed 20 years ago that little boys were more emotional and whiny than little girls.  One of these days I hope he gets it figured out that shit happens and get over it already.

The new sweet corn patch got planted.  Hubster worked hard on it all weekend and planted all  the corn, some melons, sweet peppers on a corner and hot peppers on another corner.  It got life giving rain last night.  Me, I need to patch a hole in the fence to keep the goats out and get the corn meal corn, squash, beans and the rest of the stuff for over here set.  Then get the perimeter fence in place before the goats figure out I have something worth chewing on in there.

The eggs in the incubator have started to hatch, 3 so far and 2 more eggs with pip holes and chirping....

6 comments:

  1. sounds like maybe sonny boy is running that truck improperly thereby leading to problems that he wishes could be handled with a new truck....glad i do not have that problem and i will sure keep you in my prayers over that one. got my bell peppers in yesterday...tomatoes and tobacco are still waiting though...my cactus is in full bloom-been waiting years for it to bloom and it was indeed a pleasant morning surprise for me. what is in the garden beds are looking good and promising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, is the son learning anything after you figure it out for him? Or, does he just run into another snag like today? I would know nothing about brakes. My daughters were still more into drama than son. You are saving him a ton of money. You are going to have too many baby animals to work with soon. It all sounds exciting. I really hope the goats don't eat things you have planted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... I bet the chick are cute! You mentioned corn meal corn. Is there a certain variety to make cornmeal with? If so, I would love to know what a good kind is.
    You also mentioned planting your peppers on different corners. I was just telling Dave the other day that I thought we had to plant them aways apart so they wouldn't mix, but I was unsure. Do you know? Will the hot peppers make the sweet peppers hot if they are too close together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna, hot peppers will make tomatoes hot. Yes, they will cross with other peppers, I plant at least 50' apart. Cornmeal corn is dent corn. The best IMO is Nothstine dent but I plant a multi colored variety called earth tones dent. It sells well as fall decoration and makes a nice corn bread.

      Delete
  4. Uh, oh.... I am afraid I am growing Rotel, then. My tomatoes and hot peppers are in side-by-side rows! Thank you for telling me. I have a few more tomatoes to plant, so I will plant them elsewhere.

    Gosh, that is a lot of planting! I think that is so neat that you make your own corn bread from your own corn. I can't wait to get that far in planting, growing and harvesting! Thanks for giving me the variety. I will have to look around to find some. Curious, though, does your cornbread made from the multi colored variety come out and odd color?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Anna, I learned the hard way on that! I've seen earth tones dent at rural king and at walmart, it's usually around the gourd seed packs and the popcorn. Yes, the meal from the multi colored corn isnt the yellow one is used to but it tastes plenty good!

      Delete

Comments always welcome