Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Oh, to be a cat!


Old Charcoal loves to lay right in the middle of the floor, without a care in the world. As you can see, she will be the Momma of our first round of spring kittens. She lays around with her paws crossed like that all the time. Nope, she's not spoiled at all!

ARG, I'm on pins and needles waiting for my first round of seeds to sprout, 4 days and still no sprouts. I know, it takes a couple more days but still, I'm ready now!

Meanwhile, I have plenty to keep me busy. Yesterday was the first day I got to have my "farm life" back since the first of the year, that's a long story. Anyway, there was plenty to do out in the barn and I found a couple of banty chickens that didn't make it thru the intense cold we had. The barn got cleaned, the cow got tended properly and the next thing on the list is to move the corral panels from the garden spot and get it turned over. All the floors got scrubbed in the house yesterday and the curtains and windows all got washed. Today, I have 50 or so pounds of deer meat to process and a new bread recipe I'd like to play with. No rest for the wicked.........

9 comments:

  1. Your cat looks so precious lying there with her hands crossed like that, lol! Animals are just so funny to watch. They don't care! We could learn so much from them huh? I'm glad you're keeping busy! A watched seedling never grows?
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rain! LOL, yah, sometimes i wish I was a cat, just lay around and catch the occasinal mouse, eh? LOL on the "watched seeds", I can't help it! This is such an exciting time for me, the start of the new season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cat sure knows shes pretty. She seems so proud of her tummy!

    I'm sure your seedlings will pop up anytime now ;-)

    Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what busy bee. Could it be Spring fever?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your kitty's baby bump, she looks like she is praying, Lord let my little ones be as sweet and cute as I am. HA Good luck with your seeds they will be fine, just need a little more sweet talk from you. I am so super lazy I buy a lot of our plants for the garden and throw the seeds in the ground for the rest. Hope to follow your lead someday and do everything from seed, Thanks for your blog, I learn so much

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, happy looking cat. You must have been really wicked. Just reading what you did in one day makes me tired. I need to plan for germinating seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep plugging along. I love reading about your projects. It's about time to start planting here in South GA. I'm fired up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lay around just like your kitty when I'm pregnant! LOL!
    I totally get the "taking back the farm life" thing. It was so exciting to get to be outside cleaning out our barn, and getting hutches fixed up and ready for new rabbit litters this spring! I can't wait! It just feels so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how cats really do look like they're just in the right spot at the right time. Even when my Ron dozes off and slides slowly off the armchair and bumps his head, he seems to nonchalantly give me a shrug that says "I meant to do that, can't you see I knew you were looking?" :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome