Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Eggs and more Eggs


Wow, check this out! There is a farm right up the road from the coalmine. This man creates eggs to supply a hatchery. When his young hens start laying, the eggs are not fertilized and do not hatch so he can't sell them to the hatchery. A couple times a year, he brings a truck load of eggs to the coal mine and gives them away to the miners. What in the world am I going to do with 30 dozen eggs?

LOL, last night I poked fun at Orvis and Mungo for wanting to dehydrate eggs and store them in their long term food preps. Guess what, I'm not giggling now! This evening I will be learning about how to dehydrate myself some eggs.

7 comments:

  1. eggs can be scrambled and frozen raw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang...thats a lot of eggs. I foresee cookies,cakes, and every egg recipe known to man being baked soon,lol. Let us know how the dehydrating thing turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's alot of eggs to give away...he's like ah Santa ya know? Good for him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm, beat them and freeze them for use in baking. I didn't care for the taste or texture of the home made dehydrated eggs.
    consider coating them in vasaline and storing in cool location for up to 6 weeks.
    Pickled eggs. LOTS of egg salad. Egg caseroles, eggs for lunch, eggs for dinner...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny MM! Check out Sci's blog. It looks easy to dehydrate eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They will keep for a very long time if they are not washed. You can freeze them if you separate them. They look like great eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you are a brave woman!! I wouldn't even try it, pickled eggs and tons of baking is all I could pull off, GOOD LUCK

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome