Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Bread Day


Well, after getting all riled up over the thought of not being smart enough to feed myself in a healthy way, I had to do something to make myself feel better. So, I baked myself some bread! Of course, I smeared it with blackberry jam. Chemical and preservative free blackberry jam. Yep, home made. Just a little more of the poison food I feed myself with, LOL. I've had an interesting visitor to the blog yesterday and today. Someone from Ajinomto USA. For those of you that don't know who that is, it is a Japanese subsidiary of Ajinomoto Company, and creates food and food-related products, amino acid-based fine chemicals and pharmaceuticals. Welcome to the blog, hope you are enjoying it.

The seed catalogs are coming every day now and while my fuzzy socks are a must have item for around the house, I am dreaming of spring and planting. Just 6 more weeks........

13 comments:

  1. I had some that "poison" food today too! lol. I can't wait for spring either. Hurry,hurry, hurry!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been suffering from a major overdose -- there's waaaaay too much home-cooked, home-grown food served in this place!

    Do I call FDA, USDA, or DHS? I get so confused.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmm Me too. I'm completely overdosed by the organic chickens brought from my local farm. I'm we keep cooking home cooked food too. I will have to tell my husband to stop!!!!!!

    I am now going to order some seeds and start growing my own poisonous food.


    Your bread looks really yummy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning SFG, Lynn and Chatters! Yep, we all need to grow more of our own poisoned food. At least we'll die healthy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bread looks heavenly! I prepared locally grown carrots over the holidays; does this mean I'm eating poison too? lol It has to be better than all the hospital food I've consumed over the last 9 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sue! Thanks, and yep, you ate poisoned food. LOL on the hospital food, glad your home now but that gunk if FDA approved and "safe" for consumption!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bread looks so good! I hate my cold kitchen.

    *hugs*
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. How about a recipe for that awesome looking bread? kmat

    ReplyDelete
  9. kmat, it came from hillbilly housewife. 3 cups four, 1tsp salt, 1 tbls sugar, 2 tsp yeast, 1 cup warm water and 1 tbls vege oil. This recipe works awesome with my home ground wheat which is what those loaves you see are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not home yet; just got brave enough to ride the elevator with my wheelchair and laptop to the floor with wireless :-) I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue, I hope you make it home soon! My thoughts and prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure glad you are back MM! We have truly missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you're back too. Pat/Central Texas

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome