Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

UGH!



Yep, that's it, ugh. hot and steamy today, thanks to another round of rain. Check out the funky sky. This was what the clouds looked like on the tail end of todays little thunder boomer. I got ran out of the corn rows by the rain but hit it again after it quit. No sense in whining, I Was covered in mud before the rain, might as well finish it out covered in mud. Too wet to run the tiller down the rows so the good old fashioned hand pulling is the order of the day. You could actually see the humidity coming out of the ground. It was awful but it had to be done. I also weeded the peas, the hot peppers and most of the beans. I still have the onions in front of the house and the pintos still to weed but they will have to wait a day or 2 unless I get drowned out of the hay field. Come rain or shine, I gotta get that darn field cut off. It's gone to seed and the grass is dying so it has to be cut. I've got 6 bags of cans, hope it covers the fuel. Not sure what I'm going to do about string yet, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Oh, I am now eating fresh cucumbers and zucchinis! The tomatoes are just a hair away from being ready to go and the blackberries are almost ripe! They are right now a bright purple-red, not quite turned black purple yet. another few days and the blackberry cobbler, pies, cakes and jam will be the order of the day. I so love my blackberries, can ya tell? LOL

Other than that, not much is going on around here. Just watching it rain and watching the weeds grow taller than the plants. I'm just hanging in here.....

3 comments:

  1. Incredible photo of the clouds. We are just getting our plants going - weird to think you're already harvesting but I'm not complaining since we're happily enjoying a not-so-hot spring/early summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no rain here but still hot and humid. I need a nap after reading all you been up to. Wish we were neighbors then we could help each other with chores. Sure would make it go faster. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a lot of work but worth it in the long run. We have large gardens too, almost impossible for me to keep up with. I know it will be worth it!

    We have very little ready to harvest yet. So far, just rhubarb, lettuce, spinach, green onions. The peas are getting there.

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome