Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sort of a Milestone


Look at this beauty! Found him/her on the kitchen curtain this morning. Ah, the joys of having no window screens.

This post is sort of a milestone for me. This is post number 300! I spent the day thinking about this whole blog adventure, all the way back to when my only followers were shywolf, grumpyunk, mayberry and bullseye. I am so blessed that all of you have chosen to be a part of this adventure with me. Thank you everyone, God Bless.

Today was kind of a lazy day. I spent the morning restacking 400 bales of hay. I pulled the entire stack down to the barn isle and changed the way it was. The chickens let me know I didn't have it stacked well enough to please them the first time around and they threw around 15 bales on the floor, right out of the middle. let's see em knock them down now, LOL. I also moved a bunch of the panels I have around here so I could get the horses to eat down the near waist high grass in the barn lot. The ticks and chiggers were getting to be a bit of a pain in the ass from having to wade thru that grass tending critters. It looks like we're not going to get the mower fixed this season. We just don't have anything left after the bills and fuel each week. This sucks.

This evening, I spent a couple of hours cleaning up my kitchen. Every day it's a complete and total disaster without me ever going in it. Long story, not going to get into it here but I can assure you, it's never ending and very depressing. I took a break about half way thru it and picked some produce from the front garden. A nice, fat zucchini, some sweet peppers that went right into the quiche, some yummy beefsteak tomatoes and some kidney beans. Pods were dry but the beans still need a little drying. My cat Squeakers helped me pick the beans, she was stealing the pods out of the bowl and eating them. I guess she likes kidney beans. Hope she doesn't decide to start eating them right off the plant or I'll not have any beans left!

I'm still picking blackberries every other day. I need to learn how to carry more than one container at a time, LOL. Maybe I will whip up some jam tomorrow.......

15 comments:

  1. Con grats for the milestone! 300 posts is dedication. THANK YOU for taking the time to share so much info! I've learned a lot from you. I have yet to dive into soap making but, its nearing the top of the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cograts one the 300 mark. I am so happy to have found your blog and hope you do another 300 more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 300th! Looking forward to reading the next 300!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such fun reading your blog. Glad you've made it to 300! Here's to the next 300.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You crack me up! Your definition of a 'lazy day' that is! Congrats on reaching 300! I have fun reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job girl! 300 is a milestone! Your produce looks beautiful and the moth too.

    Love, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too offer my congrats for 300 posts. I have truly enjoyed reading your blog...and find myself in admiration of you!
    Have a outrageous weekend eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am envious of your garden!! Beans!! Wish mine would grow, no zukes here either! We did do some strawberries last week, from another farm. We don't even have blackberries ready yet!
    Happy 300th! Love your site!

    ReplyDelete
  9. MM, I'm happy to still be around. I've learned a lot of things from reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm...something weird going on. This is the third blog that I miss an update on.

    Sorry I am late, but congratulations on hitting 300 posts. :D
    That is a really cool moth,love the pattern on it's wings.

    Congrats again, MM
    Hugs~Fel~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmmmmm, my comment the other day didn't show up? Bah. The internet hates me, but I still luvs ya, Kid.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats, MM!!! Everyone enjoys reading your adventures. And, I agree with ApplePieGal--moving all those hay bales and cleaning the kitchen doesn't sound like a lazy day to me!! I just picked my first zucchini yesterday!! and the peas are nearing their end!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kat, you are inspiring to so many of us! i quadrupled my garden size this year, and its been waaaaaay more work than i ever imagined, but were starting to see the "fruits" of our labor... and they are delish. just harvested garlic, first time ever. just hope my havahart trap gets the groundpig that keeps invading the garden and eating off my cucumber leaves and blossoms!!!! thanks again for your blog... we love you!!.......patriot steve

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've only benn following you for a short time and I LOVE it! Did you ever find out what kind of moth that is!?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Forget the cash, you're far richer than any Gucci wearin' yuppie could ever hope to be. Hang in there, your day is coming, soon it would appear by the way things are going. Happy 300! And here's to many more...

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome