Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Today around the Farm


I'm wore out already and it's just 9am. The newest editions to the trailer park across the rural route from me brought home chickens yesterday. These people are goofy and they have this bright night light in their yard, ruins the night sky viewing it's so bright. Well, their new rooster crowed all freakin night. It was cold and clear and that damn bird sounded like he was in the front yard, causing my dog to bark randomly. Can you tell I slept well? ;)

I must have held the camera cockeyed this morning when I finished loading the new shelves I built last night. There's a serious lack of storage in this place and I really needed to reclaim my kitchen. The kids are thrilled, we have a kitchen table again!

I'm working on a new cheese recipe, one that can be eaten right away. It's a farmers american cheese. If it comes out well, it can be made with store bought milk and I will post directions.


Stay safe and keep prepping!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the shelves photo. Reminds me that I wanted to build something similar in my laundry room, but never got around to it. It looks great with plenty of room to add more stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome Melissa and thanks for stopping in. Amazing what a couple bucks worth of lumber can do to unclutter a spot. Finding the time tho, that's another story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we ever have enough shelves? Seems like I'm adding shelves, or buckets, or canned goods almost daily!

    Ain't life grand?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the shelves. Hope the cheese recipe works out. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice! I'm all about building your own things instead of buying prefab stuff. Well done

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome