Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Use the Nice Weather

I should have taken some before and after pictures but I didn't think about it. I had around 80 bales of straw put up in an open sided section of the old, half falling down barn here. I should have known when the bad weather started coming in, I'd be sorry I didn't have some sort of gate built to keep the goats out of it. Instead of going into their designated area, they climbed all up in that stack of straw and little by little, broke about every bale in there, messed on a bunch they didn't break and generally made a mess of it in the past 10 days. So, today, I got a wild hair and attacked it for clean up. Hubster jumped on the tractor and helped out a bunch and saved me a couple hours of digging, scooping and wheel barrowing messed up, broken and wet straw bales.

One clean up project down, around 100 more to go!

7 comments:

  1. sounds like the "kids" were wreaking havoc...i would love to have some goats but i have the wrong kind of fencing.. my fencing is five strand barb wire. my brother in laws calves love to find ways to come through for a visit on occasion...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon- Oh, I know what you mean! I never did put up barbed wire because of the race horses I had but the field fence is old now and the under brush has been rough on it along with the weather so the goats just push a hole where ever they want to. Cattle panel is the best to keep them in but it's expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat a job! At least your husband shortened the job for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Those goats need a stern talking to! Sounds like a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! I am hoping to get goats...someday - even if they are little troublemakers! LOL I have added you to my blog list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hoping in the coming New Year, those "outside influences" get resolved so you can be more at peace with yourself. We all need peace and tranquility inside ourselves even if it is wild and hectic on the outside. Have a happy and blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a mess that must have been. Were you able to save most of the hay? ....or was it a matter of getting out the mess and then moving the hay somewhere else?
    Hey....this year is almost over with! Happy New Year to you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome