Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Saturday Recap


A quiet Saturday with a little farm clean up, still plenty to do around here. I got a visit from my college girl! It's nice to get a chance to visit with her, she's starting to grow up now. A full time job plus school and a part time assisting coach job is wearing her out. I told her "welcome to my world!"

So, since we had such a nice visit, supper ended up being one of her favorite "Moms cooking" meals. I whipped up some pizza. The mozzarella cheese I made earlier this week melted beautifully. The only problem was, I used it all! So, now I need to make some more. good thing I have 4 gallons of milk in the fridge!

I'm still planning on making a batch of soap. I have just one bar of soap left in the cabinet so I really do need to get a batch made. with the 30 day "curing time", I'll be running out of soap just in time for the new batch to be ready. Guess I better get to it, eh?

7 comments:

  1. Pizza looks delicious! You used that whole ball of cheese on one pizza? That's my kind of pizza, cheesy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM-MY.... I have yet to try my hand at cheese making. Bought all the stuff needed. Milked the goat but all I've made so far is yogurt and buttermilk. Your cheese photo's are always beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pizza looks yummy and I bet it taste especially yummy with the homemade Mozzarella! I have been wanting to do one here.

    Hope you have a great week!

    Debbie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I bet that pizza tasted heavenly with homemade cheese and all! Good luck with the soapmaking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good looking pizza. Do you have a pizza/brad oven you cook in?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, that pizza looks delicious, I wish you delivered. I'll take a large please. Ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to have a visit from your college girl and I commend you on raising a strong young woman! Um that pizza looks delicious lady!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome