Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Soggy Monday


It stormed yesterday with another round coming in at 4am and then again at noon. We're standing in water, again. 5" Sunday and another 1.3" today in the rain gauge. I won't be getting much done today around the farm. It's sunny now and I slopped out to take a couple pictures of the exploding growth in the garden but it all looks drown and kind of wilty so I passed on it. On my way back, a male Cardinal was chirping away in what's left of my red potatoes (thanks so much Lucky goat). I've loved Cardinals for as long as I can remember and they were my Grandmothers favorite bird as well. Wish I could share this beauty with her.

Tomorrow is the pre-op for the hubsters medical procedure and then Wednesday is hopefully the day we find out exactly what is wrong with his insides. The mortgage and the tax bill don't care that he's ill so we're getting a bit anxious to heal him up. Plus, he's driving me crazy here, laying on the couch 24/7 ;) So, the next couple of days won't be good for anything getting done around the farm. Between the medical stuff and all the water, I'm a wreck.

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there.Hopefully you guys can find out the problem with your hubby and get it resolved quick. Lucky is a hoot,lol. My taters all went to crap. Not eaten by birds or goats but by potato beetles and then blight, they all shriveled up yellow and died,all 160 plants:(
    Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we are not in charge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I hope everything comes out alright.
    Small Farm Girl

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome