Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Picture Day on the Farm




ARG! Would ya look at those beans? The rain just beat them to death. Not sure if they can be saved, I've started another round of seed to replace them.

The flogging rooster that got dropped here from a neighbor is caught. The daughter cornered him last night while I was mucking stalls out. That is one mean rooster. His wings are clipped, I don't know why, chickens don't fly worth a hoot anyway, and his spurs have been cut off but the son of a gun still has claws and he's flogged me for the last time. I tried to knock his head off the other day, one good whack is all I got on him and the tree branch broke. All it did was knock some feathers off him and he ran around for a while with his head sideways. Now, he's what's for dinner. I will gladly butcher him sometime today.

Here's updated pictures of the container garden stuff. Look how much the peppers and tomatoes have grown! They all have flower nubs on them and I should be harvesting from them in the next couple of weeks. I am very ready
for it too.




























Now, what kind of a farm post would it be without the bunny pictures????

12 comments:

  1. great container stuff! thinking I should start some in the summer to bring inside in the fall and extend my cherry tomatoe season... I may have planted all of those seeds, though..oops! getting excited about planting outside. My seed starts have been have visitation out there, and they LOVE it!! Did a bit of weeding yesterday morning and I'm going to try the bag of dirt gardening from MEN for part where the dirt just isn't good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen Sue! If you want to move them, make sure you have them growing on a trellis you can move inside too. Would take 2 people to get it inside but it will work. I've had cherrytomatoes growing all over the curtain rods in the kitchen before, hubby just loved it ;) ah, he has no sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My rottweiler doesn't take any nonsense from anyone, except from a mean old rooster on my in-laws farm. I have never seen her so depressed as when she got beat up by that bird.

    The meat from roosters tends to be tough and stringy. Using it in a savory soup helps the tenderness immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Red! Oh, that roo is gonna make great crock pot chicken and dumplings! Sometimes it's a real joy to kill something, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just don't eat those cute bunnies!
    From your sister who loves bunnies, and I don't mean the taste of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures of all the edibles...including the rooster, look really good to me!

    Nothing like fresh food from the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rooster Murderer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. northeast pa weather seems to be cooperating nicely this year... by far, my largest gardening undertaking ever... 15 varieties in the ground so far. onions and taters looking very nice... can't wait to plant tomatoes and peppers next weekend!! Keep up the great work kat. we love your family and your site!!
    patriot steve

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tomorrow is my day off and its been nice so Im going for it and attempting to plant the garden!! Wish me luck. May is going to be such a hectic month for me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the roo tasted good! Those tomatoes look GREAT!! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bad roosters make GOOD chicken and dumplings! :D Such a relief to be rid of a flogging rooster! You can just feel the ol' blood pressure coming back down...

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome