Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

We Just Can Not Win


April Fools, yep, that's it. sometimes it really sucks being a Murphy. We lost a u joint on the jeep this morning. 10 miles from home and no tools. there goes a days worth of fuel to get it home and another days worth of fuel getting parts. We simply can not win.

It was at least a pleasant day with a dry wind blowing all day. Just 44% humidity today, I've watered the seedlings twice now.

I forgot about sharing this one... I've got chives up! I had run out of window space so I filled a gallon ice cream container up with soil and sprinkled some chives seed in it. I'd been misting the soil every day and now I have little green shoots showing. So, since that worked out so well, I have another container right next to it with parsley, one with oregano and another with thyme. Hopefully those will sprout right up too. While I was handing hubby tools, I noticed I have some garlic coming up in the front garden spot. That's kind of funny tho, I thought I pulled them all last fall! Guess I missed a couple....

So, now what?

11 comments:

  1. Kat, we have been through the same kind of thing, many, many times. DH just called. Sounds like it has been one of those days for him, too. And he's still healing up from whatever this crud was that's going around here. Glad I had my flu epidemic supplies on hand! He needed them. . . . . . . I know how you feel. Seems like it doesn't end. Thank heaven for the seedlings. Reminds us things can turn out well despite it all. Praying for you while I wash dishes this evening. ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have been reading your blog for a short time now. So sorry to hear of the mechanical problems. They ALWAYS seem to happen at the worst time. 'Course, when would be a good time to have car trouble? (Maybe a flat tire in the home yard would be okay.)

    My parsley always takes EONS to germinate so don't give up on yours if it doesn't pop up right away.

    Hoping things take a turn for the better for you really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear of this new hardship. I hope everything will work out all fine and cheeply.
    I had that same thing happen with me and my last years garlic patch. Just look at as free garlic.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. When it rains it pours right? Keep on pluggin girl! It will pay off in the long run. DH just got the garden thru the second till today. Everytime it drys enough it pours rain! Late getting things in the ground and they are caling for a HOT summer.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've lived on onions and potatoes. I hate to use cliches, but "when it rains, it pours". Hard work always pays off and you have some coming to you. I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much, I'm in tears here. I'm so grateful to know someone cares. Thank you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crap!! It's just one thing after another. I think after all this, things can only get better...and not a moment to soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, MM! I'm so sorry to hear what happened to the car! Ugh. It's so hard to not feel defeated when things like that happen. Hang in there, though! It's got to get better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Something good headed your way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have to change you title on this post, you are winning. Every day you get up and "get on with it" Is winning! You and your family are a wonderful example..
    Easter Blessings to your family!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome