Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bull calves and chickens


It snowed this morning, flurries until around 1:30pm today. Now the sun is out and the wind is stiff and it is COLD outside. Hubby and I worked together to save time and finished up on the bull calf. I'll bet it took a good 20 minutes to get the feeling back in my fingers. Now it's soaking in a little salt water, waiting for me to get around to doing the clean up on it before I grind it up. The calf was still young enough to count as veal so it should be tasty eating.

I'm pleased to say I got 7 eggs today! Now I can make something sweet to go with supper tonite!

Still no word from the coalmine, I'm a little depressed over that. I did make a couple contacts today in hopes of finding something else......

dp, and katidids, your packages are on the way!

7 comments:

  1. It snowed here yesterday and was windy all night ~ BLAH! Sorry your having it too.

    That meat & eggs looks mighty tasty! =)

    How much of difference is there between ground veal & ground beef? Can you make hamburgers with it? I'm clueless to veal completely.

    Congrats to dp and katidids! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!! LOL...I should know better to read your posts when my stomach is growling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something is going to work our for your Hubby!

    I'll let you know when I receive the package. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what this is but it sounds like what they have here in Texas. I found this for Jobs in IL. Strategic Workforce Solutions- address: 208 South LaSalle St. Chicago, IL Phone is: 312-541-9000. I know the one here post jobs all over the state.
    Good Luck and God Bless. Ours is just Workforce Solutions here. MissK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh! No worries, youhave your hands full but thanks, I'll let you know when its here! We diot get much snow 1 inch maybe? Going todump on us both friday get the long johns ready!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had flurries for a few hours up here, too, and now we're FREEZING!!! I was really enjoying the little bit of a warm up we had going!

    Glad your ladies are giving you eggs!! What yummy thing did you make?

    Praying for something to open up for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.gilstermarylee.com/gilster/employ.htm

    Okay you caught me...have been lurking...I'm north of you near Wisconsin border but I know the above link is hiring...Have friends that work there...Hopefully if you are close hubby can give it a shot...Good luck

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome