Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Under the Wire


I did good tonight.  I sold Yogi to some nice folks from a couple towns over who came to see him and liked him.  One critter down, a dozen goats to go.  Now all I need is $150 to cover the mortgage.  Not bad for being dead broke on Sunday.

The rain did some good for the gardens and pulling the pigweed was a breeze today.  I got all 12 rows of the cornmeal corn weeded. I'll have some zucchini, cucumbers and a couple kinds of hot peppers for the farmers market on Saturday.  I'm also a bit excited, all the sunchokes look like they've sprouted thru now.

My head still isn't quite where I want it to be but it's coming around.  One step at a time I guess.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats to you!!!! All any of us can do is take it day by day. Hugs and prayers that things continue to move forward

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep moving forward...you will get to where you wanna be eventually..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are there any Marketing product tests you can do near you? Can you scrap some metal? What about donating blood or plasma? Keep hanging on!((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. SElL your plasma! Can't you make a deal to save some of your goats?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just keep plugging at it. I believe if you keep looking for solutions, the right ones will come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Which Farmer's Market do you go to? Marion?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chris, no, Marion is too far and the fee is too high. I'm not a market producer. I feed me first and what's extra is what I offer. Galatia just decided to hold a market and since I'm close and know the people there, that's where I've gone the last 2 weekends.

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome