Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Long Day on the Farm


Is that just not the cutest thing? This was my morning surprise. Lucky goats Momma, being the escape artist she is, apparently got herself rebred pretty quick after she abandoned Lucky goat. Being half pygmy, she gave me this cute little tri colored billy this morning. No bigger than a nerf football, he's nursing and she is tending him like she should. No summer bottle baby for me!

Well, we hauled the haybine home today after trying to get it to work without the pick up reel on it. The darn thing just laid the hay down and cut half of it so back to the drawing board. I was hoping it would work like a sickle mower but that was just wishful thinking. Looks like we're just smoked for now, the part I need is out of our reach.

Daisy calf is eating more hay every day and I got a whole gallon of milk today! Boy, what a change from the no milk at all last week thing. The horses and goats all got turned out to graze today, the yard firmed up enough for them. Goober cow is just stuck in her pen until I can finish the side fence. I just don;'t have time to chase her all over the country side. The garden is still a little bit soggy but I did pull some weeds today. Looks like all but 2 of the stomped tobacco plants will recover. Pictures when I get it cleaned up a little more.

4 comments:

  1. That has got to be the cutest little goat in the whole world today! I'm so glad you had a better day. If anyone deserves it, it is you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little kid has to be the perfect gift for someone who has had all the joy sucked out of life. A great surprise in your day I'm sure. I'm still including you and yours in my thoughts ... positive energy comin' straight atcha from Atlantic Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute! What an adorable little fellow!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome