Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

WoooHooo times 2!

Today is a double blessing day. I woke up to a much happier me. Yesterday was a special day for me so I literally "escaped" the farm and took myself a drive. I spent a wonderful, relaxing day with my
Mom, Dad and sister, got to see both my brothers,
my brother in law, one of my nieces and my nephew. Sometimes with the pressures of my life, I forget about the old days, the laughs, the silly things we did when we were kids, the adventures we had as a family. It really does a body good to remember those things and share them with the ones you love.

Long drive home last night tho ( so very worth it) and sometime between the time I got home and the time my son rolled out of bed for morning chores, Goober cow gifted us with a healthy calf. Not sure on the gender yet, Goober is a little defensive a the moment so the "tail lift" can wait. She must smell the "cheese making" thoughts on me! hehehehe

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new calf!

    I'm eagerly anticipating my first goat kidding of the season; MILK AGAIN! Oh, how I've missed milk! Yogurt, cheese, butter.....ahhhhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that to hear that you finally took a "special" day. I know how wonderful it is to spend time with your family. Kinda helps you remember where you came from. :)

    OMGosh what a cute lil baby! I know you must be thrilled about the smell of Cheese in the air!! lol
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad to hear the cow calved out ok!!! And doubly glad to hear you got in a fun day, just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing like a great day out and good news on top of it! Congrats on your new addition to the homestead, what a cutie! You should name it after your favorite cheese ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww! Glad he/she finally got here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moooooooooooo!!!!! FK

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWWW, congrats, she just needed you to go away for the day so she could have her baby all to herself

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww...what a cutie, congratulations. I am glad you were able to get away for some you time, you deserved it. :)

    Hugs~Fel~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Its a real cutie! Its perfectly understandable that your hands are itching for cheesemaking, I would be too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Calf. Glad that milks coming on for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that's wonderful! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute calf! I cannot wait to get my dehydrator. On a recent post about it arriving soon, I talk about how dehydrating eggs is one of my goals. Maybe you can tutor me?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful calf, do you know the gender yet?

    I'm so envious of you having fresh milk, we'll have to wait until next Spring, unless we buy another cow or some dairy goats. Right now I don't have the time nor the $$ to think about either.
    Enjoy that milk, cream and all the
    by-products :o)

    Blessings for your weekend,
    Kelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone! I'm thrilled and it's a heifer! She picked my pocket this evening while I was milking and stole my wallet. Dropped it so very nicely in a pie.

    I'm making a round of farmers cheddar right now!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nothing like a new calf! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome