Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Quick Sprout


Remember me talking (cryin) about how my mini vacation resulted in some of my seedlings (cat and no water) getting ruined? Well, this past Sunday night, I restarted some of the seeds I lost. Brandywine tomatoes, zucchini, spaghetti squash, cherry tomatoes and butternut squash. I intended to replace the sweet and hot peppers but I ran out of peat pellets. All these seeds take between 7 and 14 days to sprout and all have sprouted in just 4 days in the ziploc baggies. This is with 2 overcast (cold and rainy) days. I so love the baggie method! So, with the first day of spring upon us, I'm only behind a couple of weeks now. I hope to find my way to the farm store tomorrow to pick up some peat pellets and finish up my restart.

2 comments:

  1. Yea! This year a lot of our seeds have sprouted way early. Last year I couldn't get peppers to grow for love nor money and this year we've had a 98% germination rate :o)

    I also started TRUE potato seed and today several of them are up! I'm so excited to give them a try, for "first year" potato seed.

    The only seed not performing so well is Roma tomato seed and I'm going to replant them tomorrow.

    Blessings,
    Kelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo behind on seed starting! I did however get part of the garden cleared. I've been so off since Bill and I split up and my heart has not been in it. Im glad to see all those seedlings!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome