Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hump Day in March

Having a goat, a dog and 4 cats running around in the house is proving to be a bit of a nuisance. This is all that is left from the seedlings I had started 2 weeks ago. These are the tough ones, having been on the floor at least twice,
stomped, chewed on etc. Once again, I have a myriad of seeds "cooking" in their little baggie greenhouses. Hopefully by the time they sprout, I will have some remedy for the critter problem.

There was a nice frost on the ground this morning. That pleases me just a little, it lets me know I'm not behind in getting my seedlings going. It's still going to be a while before the soil warms up.

Still no calf on the outside. I think Goober is playing with me. She sure is enjoying all the attention. I don't mind her being so "lovey" either. I hope that trend continues. It sure is nicer than the rodeo cow attitude ;)

It's still pretty darn muddy here with more rain in the forecast for this weekend...

2 comments:

  1. Your seedlings look great, some of our slow germinating herbs are coming up and today and tomorrow we'll start everything else.

    BTW, we've awarded you a very deserving award, come over and check it out!
    Blessings for your week,
    Kelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your seedlings look nice and healthy! Oh gosh, you have quite a herd running around the house, I sometimes get overwhelmed with just my two little pugs!!! The days are getting warmer, even here in the northern mountains...I smell spring! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome