Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday brings pain

Oh! My aching back! There "she" is, Hermine, bearing down on southern Illinois. That witch woke me up in the middle of the night in horrible pain. I'll be glad when she rolls right on by and goes away!

Yesterday, early evening, I had a wonderful visitor. We spent a couple of hours reviewing the finer art of butchering rabbits. I did 4, my visitor did 2. It's been so long since I had any company, I was actually kind of nervous for a while. The lady was absolutely delightful and easy to talk to. Thank you for a wonderful evening Stephanie!

I even showed off my grain grinder, which I never do, LOL, and showed off a little of the home baked bread and ground flour. I think I need to go buy a sack of commercial flour to show the difference between mine and store bought. Maybe I will.

Not too much is going on around here. I got all the hay that was on the ground done so now I'm just in a nice holding pattern. Nothing wrong with a little break every now and then. Tomorrow I'll be writing about growing tomatoes and perhaps in a day or so, I'll do another post on making soap...

6 comments:

  1. Glad I found your blog! Keep up the great work!!

    Steve
    Common Cents
    http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we in Western Ky. had some of that rain. Do yo ever grow veggies in an old tire? My garden was a flop due to the dry, hot weather...MEB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got rain and get a break for a few days!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looked like rain say today but it never happened. It's after 9pm and I can hear 2 farmers out harvesting corn right now. Shouldn't have to be drying it any this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Steve! Glad ya found me! Nice site you have too, thank you for the link!

    Hi MEB! A shame you didn't get any of this, it just quit raining a couple hours ago. A 2 day steady drizzle. Yes, I sure do garden in tires, love em! We had that same hot, dry plus horrible humid. It was darn hard to keep the moisture in the ground this year.

    Hey SFG! Wish I could, you know I would.

    Hey Gen! Long time no see! Oh yah, the break has been nice, I been baking and canning! LOL

    Hey Unk! They been harvesting a bit here too, the fans are still running in the bins tho. That corn looks drier than it is. My field corn is still way too wet to store.

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome