Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cold Nights



It's down right cold sitting here at the park tonight. I wanted to play online earlier but I had a few things I needed to do. Here's what I was doing! Putting a little food on the table. I butchered the last 15 bunnies I had ready to go, sold 10 to a neighbor for some fuel money. Can't beat that, eh? The nights are around 55F for all this coming week, time to close the windows up at dusk. I won't mind too much, i can throw all those darn cats out and they'll stay out! No more finding the trash can dumped every morning or dirty paw prints on my table! Those kitties just don't know how lucky they are.

This week, I've got myself a small paying job on a farm close to me. The folks need some help and it looks to be right up my alley. Another tank or 2 of fuel is always a good thing. I just can't pass up the chance to help us make it to the first paycheck. I'd be a fool if I did.

I've not given up on the cow search, I have a line on a nice 5 yr old cow milking now but it will take me a couple more weeks of picking up cans since it's going to cost me more than what I have in the cow fund. The people told me the cow isn't going anywhere so I should be in good shape. I am so ready to make some cheese!

Dang it's cold tonight! My fingers are freezing!

7 comments:

  1. damn i missed it things are so crazy here. I will come out soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. In many ways this post will stick with me a while. I love your persistence and spirit. You got me thinking....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get your cow. I'm going to start with goats first. Although, I would love to make some butter out of some good ole' fresh cow milk. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. You keep doin' what you're doin', Girl! You're an inspiration to us all. You are a stellar example of the old expression, "When the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'." We can all take a lesson from your wonderful attitude when things are less than perfect in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a question, what type housing do you use for your rabbits? I have a few and they are in outside wire cages with tin roofs. Its getting colder now and I think they'll need something more. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beverly, I kept mine like that a few years ago and they did fine with 3 sides covered. i used feed sacks and used a little wire to hold them in place. as long as you shelter them from the wind, rain and snow, they'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome