Pages

Friday, June 5, 2009

Real Beauties


Check these babies out! I stole them from my mouse gray Banty hen today. She had 3 of the striped ones plus 3 black ones under her. I left her the 2 smallest black ones as she's still got more eggs under her.

A nice topper for a busy day here. I weeded in between my stalks of corn out back today, paid a bunch of bills and took the kids out for lunch. They like to be treated every now and then. I milked cows and did all the evening chores and found these little beauties.

Tomorrow is the cheese class I'm teaching and around 700 bales of hay to pick up and stack on top of all the stuff that happens daily here... should be an interesting day!

5 comments:

  1. Those baby chicks are cute. Sounds like you had a busy day.

    matthiasj
    Kentucky Preppers Network

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing sweeter than baby chicks. I got tired just reading about your day. Wish I could be there for your cheese class. I would love to learn how to make my own cheese.

    Enjoy your weekend but don't work too hard,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. With all that's going on, I'll bet you sleep well at night!

    Cute pics, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont know which is more fun, paying bills or stacking hay. But having fun with the kids, seeing the new chicks and enjoying homemade cheese has to make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh - they are super cute! and a great reward after a long day!

    (those 2 cheese wheels on the side of the page are making me crazy with envy!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome