Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Farm Quickie


The rain has quit and it's like a sauna here today. The sun is shining and it's 90 degrees. Just walking around outside makes you drip. Had to make this quickie post to share what I found in the old barn a few minutes ago.... 7 new ducklings!!!! I've been getting chicks here and there all along but no ducklings and I was beginning to think there weren't going to be any.

Update on the cat scratch... it's ugly but the swelling has gone down a tiny bit....

Well, gotta get back out in the sweatbox, more work to be done!!!

5 comments:

  1. How adorable! I can't wait until we have ducklings (and chicks!) at our next homestead. Dinner! Vikki at www.backyardgrocerygardening.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ducklings are adorable! Much cuter than chicks, I think. Maybe it's because my 18 month old is really into ducks right now! He LOVES the photo!

    Be careful with that cat scratch/bite - if it does not show serious improvement soon you might need some antibiotics. I would hate for you to lose your leg to cat scratch disease. Take care and be well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their so cute! I love ducklings. We had a mama with four a few years ago and it was so fun just watching them waddle around the yard.

    Its 94 here and I'm melting too!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY NEW DUCKLINGS!!!! so happy for you MM!
    glad to hear that the swelling has gone down...take care of yourself girl! we needs our MM!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome