Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Quiet Days


Look what I got! The Arthur livestock sale on Monday, this pair of Alpine/Nubian babies. Came from the same Amish milking farm, different nannies.

A wicked storm rolled thru here last night and ruined the nice weather. yesterday it was 70 degrees, now it's 34. It should warm up right on time for me to get taters, onions and my garlic sets put out.

In the ziploc bag seed sprouters, I have tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, eggplant, and various herbs all sprouted. This weekend I will start broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts and zuccs. I'll probably start another round of coffee since the first ones molded on me from temp changes in the house.

Stay safe and keep prepping!

5 comments:

  1. I'd love to see a photo of the ziplock bag seed starters. I'm not sure how that works. Charming goats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Moon, they are pretty cute.

    T Rex, February 23d, the More Spring Fever post has a picture of them. It's 3 peat pellets in a ziploc sandwich bag, close it up and let the seeds sprout. ;) The hillbilly seed sprouting greenhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. exciting! we might be getting a lamancha doeling soon, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the goats! I miss mine so badly. I was almost hoping we can get another once we get the new place fixed up.

    Isn't this weather crazy? Go to bed one night and its 70 degrees, wake up and its 30! I want spring!!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome