Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Goat Entertainment

 Well, I needed to run to the farm store for a couple of things.  When I got home, Sissy goat had played on my desk and knocked everything off it, chewed up some of the garden plants on the grow shelves and dumped the trash.  She had an elbow noodles box stuck on her head.  When I hit the door, she jumped up and started to cry.  She had to cry for a couple minutes while I was laughing and looking for the camera!  Good thing she did something extremely funny or I would have been pretty upset by the mess she made and the plant damage.
 Apparently, all Sissys excitement wore her out because she promptly found the back of the couch and took a nap!
 I got what I needed from the farm store plus a couple extra things.  These turkey poults were marked down from $7.99 to $2.00.  They're white turkeys, not my favorite at all but for $2, I couldn't pass em up.  I whipped up a 2'x4' box to put them in, something big enough for them to grow and keep Sissy and the puppies out.
Plenty of seeds still germinating and plenty of not goat chewed seedlings growing, waiting for the over night temperatures to get above 45F.

It's still a bit soggy here from the weekend rains.  Lots still to do as far as farm clean up but it is coming along, slowly but surely.  I've got a full schedule of busy work all this week plus some milk in the freezer for a batch of soap.  I'm down to my last 3 bars, guess I should get moving on it, eh?

6 comments:

  1. sometimes life is just too funny to get upset about it...better for us to just have a good belly laugh and roll on...how long will sissy goat remain in the house? she certainly is a comedienne...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first picture is a riot! I love your goat and puppy stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silly goat. Bet she was wondering who turned out the lights before dinner time! Stevie@ruffledfeathersandspilledmilk.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to know how you keep the goat from "fertilizing" your house! I have goats too but have never considered bringing them inside because I don't know how you house break them or if you even can.Love the box photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Theresa! Yes, some goats can be house broke. last years orphan, Lucky goat, was much smarter than Sissy goat is. He never pee'd in the house, he learned in less than a week. Sissy is one you have to treat like a puppy and get her outside right away. She will fertilize if you don't watch her! I wouldn't have a goat in the house if I could of helped it!

      Delete
  5. I love those big, sunny windows you have for your plants! Those would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome