Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

It's Raining!

It's been raining since some time last night. That's okay tho, the house really needed some cleaning! I've spent the day grinding wheat for bread and making up some sweet cakes with all the eggs I've got in the fridge. Hubby and I got 20 big round bales moved home yesterday, just 36 more to go. It went slower than we thought but it all went smooth so no complaining from me!

I haven't done any more work on the corn crib since it started raining, I need to tho.

Looks like workmans comp is going to make hubby go back to work without doing anything to fix his injury. We kind of figured that would happen. He's a bit aggrevated and I'm a little miffed over the whole thing but he's decided to just tough it out until he can't take it anymore and we'll try again.

We're still behind on our bills, no big surprise there! LOL I have to laugh because if I don't, I'll just cry. It's hard to not worry about it tho. I've already had to dip into the winter stockpile of food, good thing we had a decent garden harvest or I'd really be sweating over it.

Everything here on the farm is in good order and everything is as it should be. I can't wait to get a home computer back, I have so many pictures to share. The tobacco is flowering, new kittens, all the hay, the new chicks, the baby bunnies.....

5 comments:

  1. Sorry that your husband has to go back to work. Trust me there a whole lotta people in the boat named "Behind On The Bills"...I am one of them.
    Can't wait to see the pics...love baby bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the screwing by workman's comp...they are really pretty good about doing just that!

    Good news about the hay, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, what they said...sorry about your difficulties. I sure hope that you will hang tough, as it is a pleasure to read your blog. Your adventures serve as an inspiration. Thanks for all your good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And a ditto from me, too. So sorry about the crappy stuff going on with regards to work and bills. So glad that you had a good harvest from the garden. Can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome