Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Small disasters on the farm


Been a dandy week on the farm so far, almost scared of the weekend now! This sweet looking, half asleep fellow is my now 2 yr old Thoroughbred stallion. He needs cut but I'm of the mind that they grow and mature differently if left intact. So, he's still a stud and has suddenly decided he no longer wishes to be inside the ban, warm and dry. He tore his stall door down and ate a large quantity of feed. Now he's standing in knee deep mud, in the rain and storming weather. He needs the mud on his feet right now anyway, to help with any heat he might have from possible founder. But, he's out there none the less until this weekend when I might be able to afford to fix the damage he created. Good thing I like him.

Second disaster- I have developed what has been diagnosed as a "stress related gum infection". Great, just what I needed. Half my teeth are loose and my gum is swollen. It's a whole new definition of pain. But, the good side of it is, I found out my first aid kit is lacking. No topical pain reliever. That won't do. Things like this won't wait til there's a dentist available so.......
That will change!







Stay safe and keep prepping!

4 comments:

  1. Its hard to believe that guy has been such a trouble maker. They certainly have a mind of their own.

    I have never heard of a stress related gum infection but it doesn't surprise me. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

    I get off from school at 11 am today and have a five day weekend. DH and I will be spending it out at the new place trying to get it livable. He has to put in a new water heater which should be interesting with me as his helper.

    Take Care,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your troubles, MM. Anything dental just flat hurts. Hope you get it squared away quickly.

    You must have had the same double rainbow at your place as I did yesterday. I didn't get the camera fast enough to get as nice a picture as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, DIY projects are great, you'll enjoy it.
    Yah, he's a dandy colt, wish he was a bit bigger tho.

    Unk, I wish it was, that rainbow was last August. I could use a little green around here.

    Thanks for stopping in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OUCH...!!! Let me know what type of pain killer you decide to put in the first aid kit, OK?

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome