Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Getting ready for spring

Okay, we had snow yesterday here, it was melted by late afternoon. Today is cold and sunny. I couldn't take it, I started 120 Yellow of Parma onion seeds. Parma is an excellent keeper in cold storage and has a light sweet but oniony flavor. I'd show you a picture of them but my daughter isn't home from her weekend away with my camera.

We're roughly 6 weeks from our last estimated frost date here so seeds will be started about every day here for plants I intend on transplanting. Corn and beans etc will be direct planted.

Now is a good time to get those container plants going too. They'll be strong enough to go out and get producing by the last frost.

Garden days are coming quick!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder MM, I have some Yellow sweet spanish I need to get seeded. Be kinda nice to have the mini-green house in the window again. Thanks.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's that time again! Now if I could just keep those bratty kittens from knocking the crap out of them every night....

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome