Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Another One Finished and WOOOOHOOOO!



Yep, another one finished.  Just got it done.  This pattern is called BonBon and it reminds me of gumballs in one of those old fashioned candy machines I remember from my youth.  It was actually kind of hard to finish considering all the excitement around here the last 2 days.  Of course, just in time for the weather to get nasty,  Little Miss Tinkerbell kidded for the first time.  She had twins!  It was a little touch and go there for a bit since she wasn't too sure what to do with them.  Nut, instinct did take over and she tended them like an old nanny would.  Now, the suckling thing was a whole story on it's own!  Of course, being a new Mom, she couldn't figure out what they were doing and every time they'd almost get a nipple, she'd turn in a circle around them.  So, Gramma to the rescue, a little kid colostrum to give them some strength and by the end of the day, they were sucking and she was okay with it.  Today, they're still alive, sucking and doing what all baby goats do, sleeping!  Pictures soon!

2 comments:

  1. I laughed at the kids trying to nurse and mama wondering what they were doing. I can imagine how puzzling it might be to have a baby messing around with me and me wondering what that little baby is doing to me. I am glad she is okay with all this now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors! Great work.

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome