Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Time Flys



It really didn't seem like it but this week really did slip by me rather quick. That sad part is, I didn't really manage to get much accomplished. The whole week was an exercise in mudhole navigation with ice breaking 101 for the last 3 days. Every night has been below freezing with a warm up in the 40s during the day. Lucky goat has taken to laying in the tractor bucket in the sunshine when he isn't trashing the straw pile in the old barn. I started out the week with 7 baby bunnies but only 3 are left now. The doe drags them out of the box with her and they freeze. I really need to build a new rabbit hutch. This old one is starting to rot and I've got it held together with hay string in several spots. I have salvaged everything I could from the old chicken house that got smashed when the tree fell on it. Plenty of wood still usable but I still need to get some wire. Maybe next week.

Roast is what's for supper this weekend with taters and veges I canned from the garden. Of course, it's not a meal without home made bread smothered in apple butter or blackberry jam.

6 comments:

  1. i dont know what is worse, snow and ice or rain and mud...at least we have had sunshine here in n.e.miss. for the last three days. of course, it isn't very warm but makes things look a little better. i have still got those little pine trees in their cans on the porch...the person i dug them up for decided after they were dug up and potted that she did not want them for various (stupid) reasons. so here i am with four trees i surely do not need, but i am hell bent to find them new persons that will plant them. it is amazing to me how people will wish for and yearn for something, then quickly change their minds when their wishes become reality. your roast looks delicious..bet you get several meals out of it. meat has become so very very expensive. i always wonder about the grocer and butchers..when their prices get out of reach for their consumers what do they do with the product. our local grocer never puts his meat that reaches the sell by date on sale..i guess this is what makes me wonder if maybe he is just repackaging old meat or giving it to charity for the tax write off he might get. someday, i guess i will just come right on out and ask him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does the doe drag the bunnykins out of the box with her? Too bad about losing them to the freezing temperatures. The roast looks delicious. Did you can potatoes? It might be something I would try to can if they would come out okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks good! I just read this and thought it was a little interesting. I didn't know if you had heard about this or not. http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/290695/3/Chicago-51st-State-Proposal-to-make-Chicago-a-state-shows-Ill-divide-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture of Lucky!...Roast looks and sounds good. One day this week I fixed a deer roast and had enough left to make deer stew the next day for lunch...didn't get my applebutter or strawberry freezer jam make yet. DID get the apples and strawberries in the freezer so they are waiting. Thinking it will be a good snow day project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The roast looks wonderful! Much better than the French bread pizza we are having tonight :(
    Glad we don't have ice to contend with here--not yet anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew! I'm glad to see Lucky is doing well, at first I thought maybe.... well.... you know! LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome