Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday Mornings


Sunday morning I always feel like I'm wiped out. I don't know if it's a psychological thing or not but here I am, feeling completely drained. It starts with Friday when I get up an hour early to get all my chores done so I can drive for 3 hours. A normal Friday has me not being home for more than 30 minutes all day. Running errands for other family members, paying bills etc. Any day I have to be away from the farm is one I do not enjoy. The price of fuel is something I enjoy even less. It's now officially highway robbery...

I was actually done quicker than usual Friday(on purpose) and was home in plenty of time to batten down the hatches. Wicked, nasty storm rolled over us, dime sized hail, strong winds, pouring rain, plenty of lightning. Knocked a few big limbs down for me. There was a reward for surviving the storm, a nice double rainbow. The second was very light and the camera did not pick it up very well.

It calmed down in the late afternoon and the temperature dropped. I have a new batch of baby bunnies and the cow milked great.

Saturday was unseasonably cold, just in the low 40s F for the day. Poor Lucky was shivering when I met him for chores. He is still limping around, his little knee is still swollen a bit. I haven't a clue what he did to it. I sponsored an APN meetup here at the house with a food storage discussion and a bread making demonstration that finished the afternoon for me.

This coming week has 70F days with overnights in the high 50s. Looks like I'll be planting this week (yay!!!!) My week will be busy, LOL. Today I must find my way up the back road, put out a bale or 2 and bring a couple home. I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee......

2 comments:

  1. Hope your meetup went well! I spent most of the day catching up on needed chores around the house and today I hope we are moving a portable shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you weathered the storms,we did too. wanted to plant some potatoes and corn,but as usual it's just too wet! Blessings jane

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome